Foreign residents in Korea have to apply for a Foreigner Registration at the Immigration Office within ninety days from the day of their arrival in Korea. However, since a Foreigner Registration is a requirement when applying for most services in Korea, it is advised that international members at Yonsei have it done as soon as possible. It will be issued about one week after you submit your application.
- Application form (Available at the Immigration Office)
- 1 color photograph (3.5cm x 4.5cm)
- Fee (KRW 30,000)
- Required Documents According to Status
|Foreign Language Instructor (E-2)||
- Seoul Immigration Office
- Address: #319-2, Shinjeong 6-dong, Yangcheon-gu, Seoul
- Jurisdiction: Seoul (Except the Jurisdiction of Sejong Branch Office), Gwangmyeong, Seongnam, Anyang, Hanam of Gyeonggido
- Directions: Take subway line 5, get off at Omokkyo station. Then go out exit # 7 and walk straight ahead for approximately 10 minutes.
- Tel.: +82 2 2650 6211-6215
- Seoul Immigration Office Sejongno Branch Office
- Address: 2,3F Seoul Global Senter,38 Jongro Jongno-gu Seoul
- Jurisdiction: Jongno-gu, Jung-gu, Eunpyeong-gu,Dongdaemun-gu, Jungnang-gu, Dobong-gu, Seongbuk-gu, Gangbuk-gu, Nowon-gu of Seoul
- Subway Line No. 1 - Jonggak Station, Exit 6(a 2 minute walk)
- Subway Line No. 5 - Gwanghwamun Station, Exit 5(5 minute walk)
- Subway Line No. 2 - Euljiro Ipgu, Exit 2(6 minute walk)
- Tel.: +82 2 731-1799
- Incheon Immigration Office
- Address 1-31, Hangdong 7-ga, Jung-gu, Incheon
- Jurisdiction: Incheon (Except Incheon International Airport), Ansan , Bucheon, Gimpo of Gyeonggido
- Phone number: 032 890 6305-6306
It is strongly recommended that you make a reservation before visiting the local immigration office via HiKorea.go.kr. Visiting without reservation, may result in not being able to have your application processed directly or experience inconvenience due long waits. For further information, please contact the Korean Embassy, an overseas Korean Consulate, or the Immigration Office in Korea. (HiKorea.go.kr)
Immigration Online Service
To make it further convenient for all foreigners to live in Korea, the Korea Immigration office launched its E-Application Service on various transactions such as Application for Extension of Stay, Part-time working Permit, Change of Status and many others. Foreigners like you do not necessarily have to go directly to the Immigration Office in Mokdong to conduct any transaction you wish to make. Instead, you can do it without going there by simply applying online. However, before conducting any transaction, you have to be a member first by merely filling out the form. Once you become a member, you can easily perform any transaction you wish to make. Furthermore, required documents can be scanned, attached, and sent online as well. With regards to the payment, you can pay the required fees through mobile or your debit card. Feel free to visit Korea Immigration Service homepage at http://www.hikorea.go.kr The following are the steps on how to be a member.
- Join the Immigration online system by clicking the word JOIN.
- Read the terms and conditions of the agreement and the private policy. Then check the boxes below if you wish to accept them.
- Fill out the form and click the confirm button.
- Enter your login ID & Password. You are now ready to do any transaction you wish to make by just checking on any item on the application category