[Fall 2022] Course Registration Reminder2022.08.02 정수현 461
Dear Fall 2022 SAY exchange and visiting students,
Greetings from Yonsei Office of International Affairs.As the course registration for Fall 2022 is fast approaching, we would like to remind you of important information which was already included in our Academic Guideline.[Fall 2022 Course Registration]1. Fall 2022 Course Registration Schedule
Registration Round 1:
Mileage Bidding Process
August 12th(Fri) 9:00 AM – 16th(Tue) 5:00 PM
- Until this time, students cannot register for courses
Mileage Result Announcement
August 17th(Wed) 4:00 PM ~
Registration Round 2:
Waiting Number System(*)
August 18th(Thur) 9:00 AM – 19th(Fri) 5:00 PM
Course Add & Drop Period(*)
September 5th(Mon) 8:00 AM – 7th(Wed) 5:00 PM
Course Final Withdrawal Period
October 27th(Thur) 9:00 AM – 31st(Mon) 11:59 PM
※ Please note that the course list, requirement, and availability (whether it is available for exchange/visiting students to take or not) can be changed without notification.
2. Important Notes
A. Department of Business Administration Courses (Course code: BIZ)
-Courses offered by the Department of Business Administration are strictly available ONLY to exchange/visiting students who are majoring in a business-related field at their home institution AND have chosen Business Administration as their Yonsei major in their SAY application.
-All students cannot change their year of study and major information they've submitted during the application period at this point in time.
-Students who qualify may take a maximum of 4 BIZ courses (12 credits) only (registration beyond this limit will be automatically de-registered by our office without further notice to the student)
B. Underwood International College Courses
Courses offered by the Underwood International College(UIC) have different rules for each major. Thus, please check the course catalogue for individual course availability for exchange/visiting students.
- During Round 1: UIC course registration is only available to exchange/visiting students who chose their Yonsei major as UIC. Some UIC courses that are jointly offered by other departments may or may not be available to exchange/visiting students for course registration according to the joint department's academic policy.
- During Round 2: Exchange/Visiting students will have access to some UIC courses for registration on a space available basis. For those courses that have remaining seats, the course information in the Exchange column of the course catalogue will change from X to O.
- Restrictions: Exchange/Visiting students are not allowed to register to courses offered at the International Campus (Songdo, Incheon) and from the following UIC departments: HASS-Asian Studies, HASS-Information and Interaction Design, HASS-Creative Technology Management, HASS-Culture and Design Management, HASS-Justice and Civil Leadership, HASS-Quantitative Risk Management, HASS-Science, Technology, and Policy, HASS-Sustainable Development and Cooperation, ISED-Nano Science and Engineering, ISED-Energy & Environmental Science and Engineering, ISED-Bio-Convergence.
C. Graduate Level Courses
-Graduate courses are strictly open to graduate level students and senior(4th-year) level undergraduate students only.
-Senior(4th-year) level undergraduates can register up to 1 graduate course only (registration beyond this limit will be automatically de-registered by our office without further notice to the student).
However, you must check whether the graduate course allows undergraduate students or is exclusively open to graduate students only.
-For the LIST of graduate courses available for exchange and visiting students, select “Undergraduate Programs” followed by “Study Abroad Course” then “Graduate,” “Year,” and “Semester.”
-For the SYLLABUS per each course, select “Graduate Programs” followed by the type of Graduate school and Major, “Year,” and “Semester.”
D. Korean Language Institute Courses (Course Code: IEE1011~1013, KLI1001 ~ 1006)
- Course Registration: Basic Korean(IEE1011~1013) and Intensive Korean(KLI1001~1006) courses are offered by the Korean Language Institute(KLI).
A placement test to determine your Korean language proficiency will be held and you will be placed to the appropriate level class afterwards.
KLI course enrollment is possible during Round 1 and Round 2 only (meaning, impossible during Course Add & Drop Period.)
However, it is recommended that students register for KLI courses during Round 2 (Waiting Number System) because KLI courses have unlimited seats and students are advised to use their allotted mileage points for other, more competitive courses during Round 1. If a student decides to apply for a KLI course during Round 1, it is recommended that he or she bids a minimum mileage point of 1 for the KLI course.
Since the placement test occurs before the Course Add & Drop Period, students will not be allowed to enroll in KLI courses during the Add & Drop period.
- Placement Test: Based on your test result, you will be moved to your proper level during the add/drop period.
Meaning, the course level that you are placed to may DIFFER from the course level you initially applied for.
Students who have not studied Korean before are exempt from taking a placement test and must register for Level 1.
Students who completed a certain level of KLI in the previous semesters should pursue to take the next KLI level.
It is mandatory to take an offline placement test as the following (those who cannot take the offline test for whatever reason will be automatically placed to Level 1 without exception.
- Placement Test Results: Test results will be posted on KLI website.
※ KLI course levels will be AUTOMATICALLY adjusted in Yonsei Portal based on your test results, so DO NOT MAKE ANY changes to your KLI course during the Course Add & Drop Period (except when you choose to drop the course permanently); doing so may remove your spot in the KLI course.
※ Students who wish to cancel their KLI course registration permanently must drop the course during the Course Add & Drop period AND notify KLI office immediately.
- INTENSIVE KOREAN LANGUAGE (LEVEL 1) Course: If you are considering to take the course INTENSIVE KOREAN LANGUAGE (LEVEL 1), please register for KLI1001-02 division.
KLI1001-01 division is for specific students in accordance with the separate agreement, therefore you will not be able to register for this division.
[Yonsei Portal Log-In Information]- Username: Your Yonsei student ID number(Format: 202284XXXX)- Password: 6 digits of your birth date in the order of YYMMDD(e.g. April 13, 1995 = 950413)※ After your first login, you will see the password change request pop-up window. Please set the new password right away when you see the pop-up; otherwise, you may have to reset your password every time you try to login.★Yonsei Portal Log-in and Changing PW★1. Visit our portal website: https://portal.yonsei.ac.kr2. Click "login" on the upper right side of website3. Log in with your ID and PW4. You will see a pop-up telling you to change your PW as a screenshot below. If you use any browser which blocks a pop-up, then you may not be able to see it. Please try changing your browser or browser setting (allow pop-up) if you cannot see it.5. If you type the wrong log-in information more than 5 times, your account will be locked. Please contact us for PW reset.
Professor will upload important notices on LearnUs during the semester. Please refer to the attached student's manual before the semester starts.Log-in credentials are the same as the Yonsei Portal website. However, you have to set a new password on Yonsei Portal before you log in LearnUs page.★ How to change the language after log-in★1. After log-in, click the language drop down tab next to your name on the upper right side of the website2. Select "English"
No Next postsNext