We would like to inform you about SAY program participation extension up to Fall 2023 semester.
Please refer to the below information if you wish to apply for semester extension and submit the attached extension form as well as other required documents by May 8th(Mon) 11:59PM, 2023 KST.
For Exchange and Group Visiting students, in addition, please have your home university coordinator(or institution coordinator like CIEE, USAC, ISEP) contact the below coordinator directly by May 8th(Mon) 11:59PM, 2023 KST requesting for your program extension.
Submission Period: May 1st(Mon) 9AM ~ May 8th(Mon) 11:59PM KST
※ Submission beyond this period will not be considered whatsoever.
Things to Consider before you apply:
1. This procedure does not apply to students wishing to extend beyond one academic year (for both exchange and visiting combined, you can attend up to only 2 semesters in total at Yonsei SAY Program).
2. Course registration and Yonsei major policy may be subject to change.
3. Yonsei University’s extension approval does not guarantee the student's D-2 Alien Registration Card extension which is determined solely by the Korean Immigration Office.
4. If you plan to depart from Korea and come back after break, please check if your visa/Alien Registration Card has enough duration of stay in Korea. Please refer to Spring 2023 semester student handbook page 36 and apply for Alien Registration Card extension before your ARC expires after you receive our extension approval.
5. Extension results will be announced in mid-May via e-mail.
6. Individual Visiting(fee-paying) students whose extension has been approved by Yonsei OIA must pay their tuition fee by May 25th(Thur), 2023 after receiving our approval email and invoice.