[2021 Spring] COVID-19 Test & Quarantine Information for incoming students from overseas2021.02.02 김지훈 776
1. Negative polymerase chain reaction (PCR) coronavirus test taken within 72 hours before their departure to South Korea
South Korea will require foreigners to test negative for COVID-19 before arrival, starting at airports from January 8, as the nation steps up its fight against the pandemic amid a winter wave of the virus.
Foreign arrivals must have a negative polymerase chain reaction (PCR) coronavirus test result which is issued within 72 hours before their departure to South Korea, according to the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency (KDCA).
The rule for foreigners arriving at South Korean airports will go into effect from January 8, 2021(Korean Standard Time).
* Update: The public official at the airport may ask you to provide the contact number to check your status during the quarantine period.
Students who will stay in the dormitory can provide the contact number of our dormitory. Please provide the off-campus house owner's or manager's contact number if you will stay in the off-campus housing(Please ask for their approval in advance).
2. Quarantine & COVID-19 Test information for incoming travelers from overseas
A. Covid 19 test
ALL TRAVELERS entering South Korea from overseas MUST take a diagnostic test immediately upon arrival at their local public health center’s screening clinic. This applies to all nationality including Koreans, regardless of length of stay.
Please bring your passport and airline tickets to receive a COVID-19 test at a screening clinic.
Please note that COVID-19 test must be taken within 1 day(24 hours) after your arrival in Korea.
B. Seodaemun-gu Public health Center
- Operation Hour: 9:00 ~ 12:00/ 13:00 ~ 18:00(Weekdays), 9:00 ~ 13:00(Saturday, Sunday)
- Contact Number: 02-330-1806
Yonsei university is located in Seodaemun-gu, thus students who stay in the dormitory or near Sinchon campus have to visit Seodaemun-gu public health center to take a COVID-19 test.
All incoming students from overseas must take a specially designated taxi at the airport to avoid contact with others.(Shuttle bus is not recommended)
1) Hail a ride at Seoul taxi info desk at the airport
2) get off and take a covid-19 test at the screening clinic
3) After receiving a covid-19 test, take the specially designated taxi(Your assigned taxi will wait until testing is complete) and head to the dormitory or off-campus housing.
All incoming foreigners to South Korea are subject to mandatory 14-day(excluding the date of entry) quarantine EVEN IF you have tested negative for COVID-19.
* Update: You have to visit the public health center to take a COVID-19 test again before the quarantine ends. You have to take a specially designated taxi to go to the public health center. The public official in charge will contact you to provide the information about the COVID-19 test after you enter Korea.
E. Quarantine Service Provider
You may use the following quarantine service provider if you are not able to find a place for your quarantine:
※ Please understand that you have to pay service fees to the service provider if you use the quarantine service.
※ Even though we provide information, Yonsei holds no affiliation with the service provider mentioned above.
Please contact them if you have any questions about the service.
Kakao ID: Roomkorquarantine
Please refer to the attachment(QUARANTINE SERVICE PROVIDER INFORMATION.pdf) for more information.
Please feel free to contact us or the dormitory office(about dormitory issues) if you have further questions.
Housing office: "email@example.com".