Cancellation of Main University Events Due to Novel Coronavirus Alert Level2020.02.03 OIA 829
On January 27, 2020, the Korean Ministry of Health and Welfare raised the infectious disease alert level one notch from “yellow” to “orange” due to the increasing spread of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in the country. As a preemptive measure, Yonsei University has officially canceled major events taking place in February as follows.
- Inaugural Ceremony for the 19th President of Yonsei University
- February 2020 Commencement
- 2020 Matriculation
- Student/First-year Orientation events (including Yonsei Student Council, colleges, departments)
- Student Orienation for Exchange/Visiting students for the spring 2020 semester
- Yonsei Faculty & Staff Retreat
We advise members of the Yonsei University community to follow precautions announced by the Korea Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (KCDC) to prevent novel coronavirus infection.
1. Wear a mask in public areas
Wear a mask when using public transportation or visiting public areas, especially people with respiratory symptoms when visiting medical institutions
2. Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly
Wash your hands with soap and running water for 30 seconds, especially the palms and under your fingernails.
3. Observe cough etiquette
When coughing, cover your mouth with your sleeve or elbow.
4. Refrain from touching or rubbing your eyes, nose, and mouth
5. Inform your travel history to medical staff when visiting health facilities.
If you have a fever or respiratory symptoms such as coughing or a sore throat after recently visiting China, immediately contact 1330 (Korea Travel Hotline), 1339 (KCDC Call Center hotline), 1345 (Immigrant Contact Center) or 120 (Dasan Seoul Call Center) before going to a hospital or medical facility.
For updated information and new developments in English, please visit the Seoul Metropolitan Government website.
[Updated] List of designated clinics: http://english.seoul.go.kr/designated-clinics-for-novel-coronavirus/