2017 Int'l Summer Study at Washington University in St. Louis 지원 안내2016.11.02 Bang-Wool Yim 2469
우리대학의 교환대학인 미국 Washington University in St. Louis의 2017년도 하계프로그램 소개 및 지원 안내입니다.
본 프로그램은 연수생 신분으로 파견이 가능하며, 교무처장의 사전 승인을 받은 후에 참가가 가능합니다.
(관련 정보: http://www.yonsei.ac.kr/sc/support/training_course5.jsp)
하기 프로그램에 지원하는 학생 중 1명을 선발, 수업료 중 $2,500을 장학금으로 지원받을 수 있습니다. 관심있는 학생들의 많은 참여 바라며, 장학금 지원을 위해서는 반드시 지원 후에 '국제처; email@example.com'로 지원 여부를 알려주시기 바랍니다.
Program Dates: July 14 – August 18, 2017
Application Opens: November 1, 2016
Application Closes: April 1, 2017
Application Fee: $0 (The application fee is waived for McDonnell Academy partner university students. During the application, students must enter the waiver code FREEAPP17ISS; otherwise, students will be asked for payment of a $50 application fee.
Program Fee: $7,895
International Summer Study at Washington University in St. Louis is a 5-week program in which students enroll in two courses, learn about graduate and professional study in the United States, and explore American Culture. Our small classes and friendly campus provide an ideal introduction to American education. Students can learn more about the program here: summerschool.wustl.edu/international.
Students will enjoy the following while apart of the program:
* Earn six (6) units of credit in two of our summer courses. Subject areas include:
- American Politics & Culture
- Leadership & Innovation
- Pre-Medical Studies
- English & Communication
- Economics, Psychology, Anthropology, Music, and more.
* Immerse in American culture by living in St. Louis.
- Visit world-class museums and institutions.
- Attend a professional baseball game, live musical theater, and music performances.
- Explore the largest urban park in the U.S.A – Forest Park.
- Find local shops, galleries, and festivals to see the uniqueness of our local residents.
- Live and play on the top-ranked college campus.
* Opportunities to connect with us.
- Engage with professors in small, interactive courses.
- Make new friends in the dorms, classes, and at events.
- Meet university leaders at various events on campus.
- Attend private tours of research labs, medical facilities, and tech hubs.
- Exchange ideas with entrepreneurs and innovators.
Applicants must meet the following requirements for consideration:
- Be a current undergraduate student.
- Have completed one year of study by July, 2017.
- Be in good academic standing.
- Have English Language Test (ELT) results with:
* a minimum score of 90iBt on the TOEFL;
* minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS; or
* minimum score of Level B2 on the CAE or CPE.
Exemptions for ELT are possible for applicants who are native English speakers or are attending a university where English is the primary language of daily life and instruction.
Application, Admission Decision, and Scholarship Awards
The online application requires students to complete the following items:
* Applicant information
* Short essay
* Attach official university transcript
* Attach official ELT results (unless exempt)
Admission decisions will be made on a rolling basis and should take no more than 5-7 business days. We encourage Yonsei University students to apply as early as possible for consideration.