태국 마히돌대학교 SAWASDEE THAILAND 2020 Virtual Summer School2020.07.02 관리자 5263
With the global COVID-19 pandemic preventing student mobility in the foreseeable future, Mahidol University has been developing our new online Sawasdee Thailand summer program, to students at our partner universities around the world the opportunity to take part in virtual mobility activities over the summer break and gain valuable intercultural experience.
The program is based on our Sawasdee Thailand summer program. In the online delivery, we combine pre-recorded sessions with live discussions and demonstrations and group activities, allowing students to take part in Thai language, cooking, and dancing classes, and learn more about Thai culture, society and traditions; all while interacting with our local students and students from other partner universities around the world.
Pre-recorded classes will be available from 1st August 2020, so that students can gain a foundational understanding of the topics before taking part in the live classes and discussions, which will take place from 3rd - 14th August 2020. Students will be assigned groups (of 4 - 5 students per group) and will have discussions to exchange ideas and opinions after the full class sessions. The courses included in the program are:
- Introduction to Thailand and Thai Culture
- Characteristics of Thai People
- Everyday Thai Language Skills
- Body – Mind Wellness: Preparing for the Unpredictable
- Introduction to Thai Food
- Thai Cooking Techniques
- Thai Herbs and Traditional Medical Wisdoms
- Thai Society Through Entertainment Media
- Thai Dance and National Costume
In addition to these courses, the students will also, take part in Employability Skills Sessions and Exclusive Sessions:
Employability Skills Sessions
- Systematic Thinking
- Self-Awareness and Self Esteem
- Intrapersonal Communication
- Exclusive Cultural Exchange with MU students
- Thai Cooking Class
- Thai Dancing
Applications for the program are open from 1 - 20 July 2020. Please check the attachment for details.