The 3 Campus East Asia program brings together students from world-leading Universities in a unique East Asian study abroad program is held on the campuses of three of the most prestigious academic institutions in East Asia: Keio University in Japan, Yonsei University in Korea, and The University of Hong Kong in China (HKU).
This East Asia-focused academic program of learning, residing and working together enables students to cultivate the intellectual and intercultural breadth and depth that equips them as future global leaders. This network of students both from within the East Asian region (Japan, Korea and China) and from outside (the United States and Europe) acts as a valuable bridge between East Asia and the West.
Participating students are afforded a truly unique opportunity to learn collectively about East Asia. They experience, analyze and comprehend East Asia from a genuinely comparative perspective by living and studying as a multinational and multicultural community at all three campuses. Students have the option of enrolling in either a full one-year or half-year schedule under a rigorous, innovative and coordinated curriculum.
Upon completion of the entire program, students will be able to:
- Foster leadership skills and potential as a result of active participation throughout the duration of the programme;
- Understand the major cultural differences among Japan, South Korea and Hong Kong from their historical, social, economic, and political perspectives;
- Experience, comprehend, and analyze East Asia from a genuinely comparative perspective by living and studying as a multinational and multicultural community;
- Apply academic knowledge, critical thinking, and analytical skills acquired at the three campuses to achieve the goals of individual papers or courses and analyze real-life situations;
- Build a solid and sustainable network stimulating continuous communications among the participants in future;
- Examine key social issues and develop strategies to enhance social development and promote social innovation through internship, first-hand practical experience working with a wide range of organizations in Hong Kong;
- Develop work ethics, self-initiative, adaption to the organizational culture, and cross-cultural communication skills for successful internship performance.
Information from your university
Many of of the universities participating in the 3 Campus East Asia program provide information catered to their own students. Please consult your university's site for more information relevant to you.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding the 3-Campus program.
Office of International Affairs