F-3 Family Dependency
Dependents are able to apply for an Accompanying Spouse (F-3) visa as an accompanying family member of D-1 to E-7 visas (except D-3 Industrial Trainee visas):
- Unmarried minor (under Korean age of 19)
Method 1: Direct Application
- The Applicant: The person himself/herself
- Where to apply: The embassy or the consulate of the Republic of Korea
- Required Documents
- Application for the visa issuance, passport, one standard size photograph, fee
- Documents proving the family relations (e.g., marriage certificate, birth certificate, certification on family relations records). Chinese nationals must submit a resident card, marriage certificate, or census results.
- Documents supporting your financial ability (e.g., proof of employment by the inviter, tax payment certificate). If you are unable to submit tax payment certificate (i.e., certain D-visas applicants when applying at the same time as the principal applicant) you can submit other financial documents instead.
Method 2: Eligibility for Visa Issuance Confirmation
A visa issuance confirmation will be issued only to those who have applied with the applicants whom they are accompanying for the visa issuance confirmation
- Applicant: the inviting party
- When a faculty staff is applying as a representative, the document of representative, a working certificate and a copy of ID are submitted
- Where to apply: Local immigration office in Korea
- Required Documents: refer to the required documents listed above