Exchange Student Program[Yonsei] Fact Sheet for Exchange Student Program Download
Exchange students are those who are nominated by an overseas university under bilateral exchange agreement. Exchange program candidates can apply through the International Office of their home university. Tuition is paid to the home university, and in most cases the application and documentation fee is waived.
Visiting Student Program (Partners or Study Abroad Student)[Yonsei] Fact Sheet for Visiting Student Program Download
The student's institution or home university pays for their students' application fee and tuition to Yonsei University.
Student themselves pay for their application fee and tuition directly to Yonsei University.
- Fall Semester : From March 1st to April 15th
- Spring Semester : From September 1st to October 15th
- Fall Semester : From March 1st to April 30th
- Spring Semester : From September 1st to October 31st
- Minimum GPA for Application (for Exchange and Group Visiting student): CGPA 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (no other grade scales will be accepted whatsoever)
- Language Requirement : Either English OR Korean proficiency proof is required. All tests must have been taken within 2 years of the start date of the semester
- 1)English : Either one of the followings is accepted.
- TOEFL iBT or iBT Home Edition 79 (ITP or MyBest score is NOT accepted)
- IELTS 6.5
- Cambridge English Exam B2 First (FCE) ~ C2 Proficiency (CPE)
- 2)Korean : Either one of the followings is accepted.
- KLAT level 4
- TOPIK level 4
- An assessment report by a professor
- This program is open to foreign Undergraduate/Bachelor's Degree level(≠Associate Degree) students who are currently enrolled to their home universities outside of Korea as full-time students, and have completed two (2) semesters (or the equivalent) BEFORE the nomination / application period.
- For Undergraduate/Bachelor's Degree level transfer students or Graduate/Master's Degree level students, a minimum of one semester's results from the university must appear on their official transcripts.
|STEP 1||Nomination (by Home University or Institution) or Create an account from the tab above "Visiting (Individual)"|
|STEP 2||Complete Online Application Form (including uploading application materials)|
|STEP 3||Pay the Application Fee (if any).|
|STEP 4||Receive a Letter of Admission by Email|
|STEP 5||Pay the Tuition & Apply for Housing (if any)|
Tuition and Fees (applicable for Visiting Students)
- Application and Documentation Fee : KRW 100,000
- Tuition Fee : KRW 5,500,000
- Estimated Budget per Semester (must be arranged by individuals)
|Housing* (on-campus SK Global House Double Room, https://dorm.yonsei.ac.kr/en/)||KRW 1,854,000|
|Books & supplies*||KRW 400,000|
|Category||Bank Account Number||Bank Information|
|Application fee* = KRW 100,000
|Personal Virtual Account No.
will be sent to you once your online application is complete.
ex) 271092******** or 278999********
|Tuition fee* = KRW 5,500,000||Personal Virtual Account No.
ex) 271092******** or 278999********
Refund fees apply only to visiting (non-exchange) students who have paid the fees to Yonsei University.
- Application Fee : Non-refundable
- Tuition Fee : Student must submit a written format of program withdrawal notice for refund before the deadline. Students themselves are responsible for all bank fees/charges that may occur. Please request for a program withdrawal form via email at email@example.com.
- 1) Before the First Course Registration Date : 100%
- 2) From the First Course Registration Date to the Last Day of Course Add and Drop Period : 80%
- 3) After the Last Day of Course Drop and Add Period to the Last Day of Course Final Withdrawal Period : 50%
- 4) After the Last Day of Course Final Withdrawal Period : No refund