Searching Courses and Syllabus: Undergraduate & Graduate
- Go to https://portal.yonsei.ac.kr
- After changing the site's language to ENG (Language option on the top right corner), click on the "Course Catalogue and Syllabus" banner under 'Yonsei Service' section.
- Search for the course that you want to take either by choosing Major and Semester or by inserting course title or course code in the search box if you know it.
Online Course RegistrationAll students (domestic and exchange/visiting) register for courses at the same time through the online course registration system (called the Yonsei Portal system) and therefore getting a spot in some courses may be competitive. Yonsei University does not guarantee registration for any specific courses. Exchange/visiting students are advised to plan ahead with academic counselors at their home university to make sure that requirements are met and that credits can transfer. Please do not wait until the last minute to start registering for courses, as you may encounter technical problems that cannot be resolved immediately.
Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, Music, MBA, Law School, Some courses offered at the Songdo International Campus(mostly UIC courses) However, this may subject to change from semester to semester.
Choosing your Yonsei Major
Some courses may have major restriction or quotas. When selecting the Yonsei major on your on-line application, please browse our on-line catalog for offered courses and select the major that offers the most number of courses that you will take during your stay at Yonsei. This will help your chance to get into the courses you wish to take while studying at yonsei.
Business courses(Course Code: BIZ) are in high demand every semester, so they are strictly open to business major students only. Maximum of 4 courses on the subject per semester is allowed. (subject to change.)
Undergraduate course numbers range from 1000 (lower division) to 4000 (upper division). For example, ECO1234 would be a lower division course and ECO4567 would be an upper division course. 5000-level courses and above are graduate courses. Graduate courses are only available for graduate students. 4th-year undergraduate students may exceptionally enroll in up to 1 graduate course.
Undergraduate students must register for a minimum of 9 credits and a maximum of 18 credits per semester. For graduate students the minimum is 9 credits and the maximum is 15 credits. Korean Language Institute (KLI) courses are 6 credits. Therefore, students who take a KLI course will need to take at least one other course worth 3 credits to meet the minimum. Students who carry fewer credits than the minimum will be dropped from the program and may lose their visa status.
|A +||4.3||B +||3.3||C +||2.3||D +||1.3|
|A 0||4.0||B 0||3.0||C 0||2.0||D 0||1.0|
|A -||3.7||B -||2.7||C -||1.7||D -||0.7|
- Yonsei does not provide letter grade translation to "Pass/Nonpass" grading option. Grading for each course is predesignated to Pass/Nonpass or letter grade option.
Intensive Korean Language Courses
A special Intensive Korean Language Courses are offered for international exchange and visiting students at Yonsei University through our Korean Lanauge Institute. Taking a Korean Language Course is optional, but some home institutions may require the language course.
For those who feel that the 6-credit KLI Korean Language Course is too intensive, you may consider the 3-credit Korean Language Course, IEE3341 Korean (1), offered by Office of International Office.
About KLI Korean Language Course
- Levels: 6
- Time Period: 8-9 class period (4:00-5:50 pm)
- Total In-class Hour: About 160 hours (Monday through Friday for 16 weeks)
- Credit: 6 credits (This credit will be counted towards the Maximum Course Load)
- Course Code: KLI1001~KLI1006
- Course Title: Intensive Korean Language Course Level 1- 6
- Registration for the course: Through the Yonsei Portal site's Undergraduate Course Enrollment system
※ How to find courses: Yonsei Portal Service - Course Catalogue and Syllabus - Undergraduate Programs - Study Abroad Course - Korean Language - KLI1001~KLI1006
- Note: Selection of a Level for a Intensive Korean Language Course should be based on the student's own judgment, as there will be a mandatory Placement Test on the first day of class to adjust his or her Korean Language Course level. If the level is too difficult or too easy, it will be adjusted during the Course Add and Drop Period.
- Course load example when a student takes a Intensive Korean Language Course (per semester)
Course Load Type Course Load 1 6 credits (Korean Language course)+12 credits (Undergraduate courses)= 18 credits* 2 6 credits (Korean Language course)+ 9 credits (Graduate courses)= 15 credits*
Using Yonsei Portal System
To view Yonsei Portal System properly, read the following instruction before browsing courses with your computer
User settings and notices
- The Portal System is optimized for MS Internet 9.0 (resolution 1024*768) or higher versions. If you have problems opening the page or the screen appears distorted, upgrade your Explorer or change your browser.
- Portal system uses a memory cookie; the Portal will not run if the user's computer is set for high security of a Cyberwall prevents cookies.
User settings and notices Web Browser Settings Web browser [Tools] ->[Internet Options] On the menu, set the Security and Privacy levels to medium levels of security. Cyberwall Settings Disable the "cookie blocking" from your Cyberwall program settings menu.
- When using the Portal Service in computer labs, Internet Cafes, or other public places, please close all web browser windows to ensure that the cookie does not remain in the computer.
- Viruses stored in your computer can cause damage to other computers as well as yours. Scan your PC on a regular basis and remove the virus programs if found. Please maintain your PC at its optimal status by following the Information Systems Office's instructions such as installing patches, especially when a virus is widely spread.
- Link to Yonsei Portal (https://portal.yonsei.ac.kr/) → Undergraduate Course Enrollment