Faculty Visas

Visa Issuance

If you are planning to study or work in Korea, you must apply for a relevant visa at an overseas Korean embassy or consulate. The application procedure may vary depending on the embassy or consulate in each country, so it is advised that you check with your local Korean embassy or consulate beforehand. The duration of the visa is determined by the Korean consular officer, and the expiration date on your visa may not match the ending date of your degree program or employment contract. If your visa expires before you complete your program, you will need to apply for a visa extension at the Korean Immigration Office.

※ Required documents may be added or changed depending on individual circumstances. For more information, contact the Korean immigration office: Tel. 1345(no area code)
* Source of information: Hi Korea (Immigration Office Website) (http://www.hikorea.go.kr)


    If you have any inquires regarding visa, please feel free to contact the Office of International Affairs.

  • Email: ifaculty@yonsei.ac.kr
  • Telephone: +82-2-2123-6492