For individuals who seek to give lectures or conduct a special study at a college or university. New international faculty members are required to obtain an E-1 Professor visa (hereinafter, E-1 visa) in order to enter Korea and perform work for Yonsei University.
Method 1: E- Visa Application
In lieu of submitting documents to the OIA, professors may apply for E-1 visas through www.visa.go.kr.
E-visa policy is a policy which issues an online visa to those who do not need to visit a Korean embassy/consulate general for a consul interview to obtain a visa, such as professors and researchers.
Method 2: Submitting documents through the OIA
Refer to the list of required documents below and submit them to email@example.com.
- Application for Confirmation of Visa Issuance (attached)
- 1 photocopy of passport
- 1 photocopy of Ph.D. degree certificate
- Curriculum vitae
- Passport size photo
It takes 10 to 20 days from the date of application to receive your visa issuance approval number.
Once Immigration notifies the Yonsei OIA of your visa issuance approval number, details will be sent to you via e-mail.
Please provide the visa issuance approval number to your nearest Republic of Korea Embassy or Consulate to receive your E-1 visa.
Professors who wish to continue lecturing or study activities at Yonsei beyond their valid visa period are required to apply for the visa extension.
Application for an extension of stay should be submitted at least two months before your current visa's expiration date. Penalties will be charged for late applications.
- Application form
- Foreigner Registration Card
- 1 color photos (3.5 cm X 4.5 cm)
- Employment contract (original AND photocopy)
- 1 copy of Business Registration of Yonsei University
- 1 copy of your teaching schedule with the course list including the number of students registered for each course
- 1 copy of Receipt for Wage and Salary Income Taxes Withholding
- Acceptable documents for proof of residency
- Process fee: KRW 60,000