F-3 Family Dependency


Dependents are able to apply for Dependent Family (F-3) visa as an accompanying family member of D-1 to E-7 visas (except D-3 Industrial Trainee visas):

  • Spouse
  • Unmarried minor (under Korean age of 19) children
Method 1: Direct Application
  1. The Applicant: The person himself/herself
  2. Where to apply: The embassy or the consulate of the Republic of Korea
  3. Required Documents
    • Application for the visa issuance
    • Passport
    • 1 color photo(3.5cm X 4.5cm)
    • Documents proving the family relations (e.g., marriage certificate, birth certificate, certification on family relations records)(Chinese nationals must submit a resident card, marriage certificate, or census results)
    • Documents supporting your financial ability (e.g., proof of employment by the inviter, tax payment certificate). If you are unable to submit tax payment certificate (i.e., certain D-visas applicants when applying at the same time as the principal applicant) you can submit other financial documents instead.
Method 2: Eligibility for Visa Issuance Confirmation

A visa issuance confirmation will be issued only to those who have applied with the applicants whom they are accompanying for the visa issuance confirmation

  1. Applicant: the inviting party
  2. When a faculty staff is applying as a representative, the document of representative, a working certificate and a copy of ID are needed
  3. Where to apply: Local immigration office in Korea
  4. Required Documents: refer to the required documents listed above